When the library provided access to children’s ebooks by clicking the Tumblebooks icon on our kids’ webpage, lots of you told us how much you enjoyed it. Children all over the county loved reading books on computers. But some called to tell us they couldn’t see the books on their iPads. Hooray! Things have changed!
If you have an iPad or iPhone, you can now access TumbleBooks on your mobile device. It’s simple! Click the TumbleBooks link that’s on our kids’ webpage; find the word CHOOSE under the ACPL icon at the top; select MOBILE from the pull-down list. Now click on one of the brightly colored ovals, find a book or video you like, and click on WATCH ONLINE. (TIP: Don’t click on the featured book in Tumblenews. Unfortunately, it links to the version that must be read on a stationary computer.)
If you want to create an icon on your desktop, so that you can open Tumblebooks as easily as an app, follow these instructions:
1. Open Safari web browser on the home screen of your iPad.
2. Go to the ACPL kids’ webpage and click on the Tumblebooks Link.
3. Choose MOBILE or click on OK if your iPad asks if you’re using a mobile device.
4. Press the button to the immediate left of the address bar, which is shaped like a small box with an arrow pointing to the right.
5. Select “Add to Home Screen” and type a name for the shortcut’s icon that will be displayed on the home screen of your iPad.
6. The shortcut will be saved to the iPad’s home screen. Click on it when you want to read a book!
Have F U N!